Mercy Health Clinic serves uninsured, low- income adult residents of Montgomery County and is committed to providing high quality medical care (Primary and Specialty), health education and pharmaceuticals to eligible patients free of charge. We are a non-sectarian, non-profit, community health clinic.
SUPERVISOR: Reporting to Medical Director
STATUS: Part-Time, Exempt
EDUCATION: Current Nurse Practitioner certification in specialty area
SALARY: Compensated with experience
POSITION SUMMARY: The Nurse Practitioner is a licensed independent practitioner who is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating health care for patients in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status). The clinical management of patients is conducted in collaboration with other health care team members.
• Functions independently to perform evaluations of medical history and physical examinations for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill patients.
• Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests
• Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
• Implements and follows through on changes in patients’ plan of care as needed.
• Monitors the effectiveness of interventions and adjusts the plan of care accordingly.
• Collaborates with internal and external multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
• Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
• Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure
• Current Nurse Practitioner certification in specialty area
• Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS) PALS provider card as required by department and facility
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
SKILLS: Minimum of 3-5 year experience in the Nurse Practitioner role