Mercy Health Clinic relies on more than 45 volunteer physicians and more than 100 medical and administrative volunteers to keep our Clinic running and efficient! Administrative and non-provider medical professional volunteer opportunities include:
URGENT NEED FOR:
- Pharmacists and Pharmacy techs: volunteer in our on-site dispensary!
Pharmacy Dispensary Job Description
Pharmacist volunteers work with clinic staff to prepare and dispense medications from a limited inventory to patients from a diverse community in a primary care setting. Providers collaborate with pharmacist team members to develop appropriate treatment plans for patients.
- Interpreter (Spanish/English and French/English): Facilitate communication between patients with limited English proficiency (LEP) and their physicians, nurses, lab technicians and other healthcare providers.
- Registered Nurse: all expertise considered, floor and administrative openings as well as pharmacy support is needed. An active license in Maryland is required.
WE HAVE AN ONGOING NEED FOR BILINGUAL (ENGLISH/ SPANISH) VOLUNTEERS. ALL QUALIFIED VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED AND ENCOURAGED TO APPLY OR SPEAK WITH OUR STAFF FOR DETAILS.
Additional Volunteer Positions:
- Medical Assistant
- Data entry to help with tracking Clinic and patient progress and metrics
- Front desk check-in staff to assist with patient appointments and questions
- Eligibility Screener: Operate as the entry point to the Clinic for interviewing, screening, and processing new and/or re-qualifying patients.
- Communications and Marketing Projects
- Scribes in patient exam rooms on our electronic health record system
- Fundraising volunteers to assist with mailings and other projects
- Help with events
- And many more opportunities…
There are two ways to apply.
You can fill out our Volunteer-Application 2020 and submit with the subject line “VOLUNTEER APPLICATION: Last name, First name” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can complete the online version of our application below.
If you have any questions, other than those addressed in the FAQ above, please contact the above email address or call 240-773-0305.